Speaker Tajudeen Abbas has urged members of the House of Representatives to put the welfare of Nigerians first when carrying out their duties on behalf of a coalition of about twenty-five pro-democracy organizations operating under the National Democratic Group (NDG) umbrella.
Ochonu William, convener of the Coalition, issued the appeal in a statement to the media on Tuesday.
Ochonu stated that the country is at a critical juncture and that only leaders with benevolence can assist in addressing its numerous problems.
The statement reads, in part, “We want to urge the Speaker and his team not to let up on the gas.”
“Nigeria is at a critical juncture, and only men of goodwill and purpose can guide us through this juncture.”
He expressed optimism that the sense of unity and camaraderie among the legislators, which gave rise to the recent standing committee, would contribute to the nation’s growth.
- Senate to FG: Lift the Ban on fuel supply to border communities in exchange for a subsidy: Nigeria
- The police in Niger apprehend a gang that robs faulty trucks on main highways: Nigeria
- The Senate begins confirmation hearings for El-Rufai and other ministerial nominees: Nigeria
- BREAKING: The Tribunal reserves its decision on Atiku’s Petition to Invalidate Tinubu’s Election: Nigeria
- A court orders police to open 17 local government secretariats in Plateau – Nigeria
- Gov. Bago to Corps Members: Avoid Portraying the NYSC Scheme Negatively