How do i activate SunTrust Card? many people often find it difficult in activating their SunTrust Card, but in this very guide you will learn how to activate you SunTrust Card in simplest way.
Activating my card through Sun Trust was much easier than I thought it would be. You can activate yours in a few minutes. In this article, I will discuss the process of activating SunTrust card.
If you have created an account with SunTrust Bank, you should be aware that you will not be able to use your debit or credit card immediately upon receipt of getting it from the bank.
For you to be able to use your SunTrust Card, You need to complete the activation process to access your funds. Fortunately, activating your SunTrust card is much easier than you expected.
There are two ways to do this and you can use the method that works best for you and all these methods take just a few minutes for you to get your SunTrust card activated.
But before I go into the details of how SunTrust activated my card, I will briefly discuss the bank details, so that you know what kind of experience you would expect.
A brief history of SunTrust Bank and what to expect
SunTrust Bank is one of the largest Banking holding companies in the United States, and its history in the country’s financial industry dates back to 1891.
Although it is easy to set up a checking account with them, banks SunTrust Bank do not issue credit cards.
If you want to get your hands on any credit card at SunTrust Bank, you must prove that you are a resident of the United States, as well as your annual income of at least $50,000 and more.
DON’T MISS: How can I Add Money to Your Cash App Card
Its credit cards are only for customers who have a good credit rating or creditworthy and a track record of paying their dues or how much they owe the bank.
Cards that SunTrust Bank offers
If you create a checking account with the SunTrust bank, you can retain their debit card within seven days.
The SunTrust bank offers three types of credit cards:
- Cash Rewards Credit Card,
- Travel Rewards Credit Card and
- Prime Rewards Credit Card.
All these cards offer great benefits and worth it if you get your hands on any of the cards above.
It is noteworthy that in 2009 the company upgraded its credit card network from Visa to MasterCard.
All old cards have been deactivated and new cards have been issued. This means that customers who have only received a MasterCard card since 2009 have registered with the bank.
If you have a Sun Trust debit or credit card, you will be able to pay any merchant to accept a MasterCard. Online shopping is rarely a problem
Although you do not need to create a signature to use a credit card if you have a debit card you need to create a signature or use a PIN code to authorize Linux Most users usually use the latter option.
It also matters if you have a Sun Trust debit or credit card; you need to activate it before you can use it.
Activating my card through Sun Trust was easy, and you can follow the steps below to activate your Sun Trust debit card:
How do I activate SunTrust Card
find the steps and process below in other to know how to activate you SunTrust card in verious platforms like on mobile phone or online.
How to activate SunTrust debit card
The first is that your debit card should be well received. Make sure your name is in it and spell it correctly. Also, make sure the effective date is a good time to activate it.
The effective date usually coincides with the month in which you open your account with the bank.
After performing the required checks, you can choose between any of these two activation methods:
Activation SunTrust Bank Debit Card on the phone
Most customers prefer to activate their Sun Trust card on the phone because it is both fast and convenient so fellow the steps or the process below to activate your SunTrust Bank Card by using Phone.
- All I had to do to get SunTrust to activate my card was call 1-800-337-1140, and that is SunTrust Bank their debit card customer support number.
- You need to choose a language after calling the number. You cannot skip this step which is very important.
- You will then need to provide your contact details. Customers are usually asked to provide only their name, date of birth and full address.
- You need to enter some details to complete the activation process. Make sure to continue as you need a 16 digit debit card number as well as a CVV to continue.
- Once you’ve entered all the details correctly, the customer support representative will notify you that your card has been activated.
Online activation of SunTrust Bank Debit Card
When I asked Sun Trust to activate my card online, I found the process quite lengthy, so I chose to do it over the phone. However, if you find it more convenient, there is no harm in activating your card on the phone.
- Go to the Sun Trust website and enter your username and password.
- After logging in, you will be asked to enter your name and address. You must also enter your date of birth.
- On the next screen, you need to enter your 16-digit Sun Trust debit card number and CVV. After selecting your card type, you must click on the “Card Activation” button.
- Once you get there, your debit card will be activated.
Activate Post Card, make a purchase or withdraw money from ATM to make sure it is working properly. If you have a problem, you can solve it by calling the same number (that is 1-800-337-1140).
After completing the process, remember to get rid of the activation sticker on the front of the card.
How to activate SunTrust Bank credit card
It is also very easy to activate the SunTrust Bank credit card.
- Once you get your hands on your card, visit www.suntrust.com/activatedatemycard.
- You will need to enter both personal information and card information, after which your card will be activated.
- If you have any questions or experience issues, you can call 1-800-SUNTRUST toll free between 8am and 6am on weekdays to request for a resolution.
If you opened your account a week ago and haven’t received your card, you must call SunTrust Bank Support number and report it.
- 21 Ultimate Best Online Proofreading jobs for Beginners
- Read this to know How to Start a Home Proofreading Business
- How to become a full-time blogger and quit your job?
- How to make money by blogging: Beginner guide
You can also go to your nearest SunTrust Bank branch to report your problem.
If you have further questions, you can contact the SunTrust Bank Customer Support Team at 800.786.8787.