Liv Cycling, official partner of the Tour de France Femmes avec Zwift and sponsor of the white jersey for the “Best Young Rider Classification,” is conducting a global series of watch parties to increase viewer participation in the race’s second year.
Liv, founded in 2008 by Giant executive Bonnie Tu as a subsidiary of the Giant Group, is the only global cycling brand that caters exclusively to women.
Liv’s sponsorship of the race corresponds with the brand’s mission to empower all riders, from novices to professionals, and to increase the number of women and girls who ride bicycles.
The Tour de France Femmes with Zwift is an awe-inspiring display of the extraordinary athleticism of some of the world’s greatest cyclists.
Over 23 million viewers watched the inaugural Tour de France Femmes avec Zwift last year.
In order to increase sponsorship for all women’s cycling events, it will be essential to increase viewership. Last year’s inaugural race attracted more viewers than many races on the men’s World Tour.
However, the simulcast is behind a paywall in most regions, or simply unavailable through broadcast and streaming services. Therefore, Liv is introducing free ways to watch the race.
Liv has coordinated viewing opportunities in stores throughout the week of racing (July 23-30) with its retail partners.
“Attending the Tour de France Femmes avec Zwift in France last year was a dream of mine, and it reinforced the importance of race opportunities for the growth of women’s cycling,” said Bonnie Tu, founder of Liv and chairwoman of Giant Group.
I could see the excitement in the eyes of young girls as their idols rode by. If we can inspire one additional girl or woman to take up cycling by providing her with more opportunities to watch the women’s race, we will have done our share.
“We now know that 23.2 million people watched the inaugural Tour de France Femmes aves Zwift worldwide, which is a triumph,” said Liv Global Brand Manager Cassondra Spring.
We also recognize that women’s sports are frequently difficult to access in terms of broadcasting, and we believe that this number has the potential to increase.
With our retailers, we’ve created opportunities for cycling enthusiasts to not only watch the race, but also do so in an environment where they can celebrate these extraordinary athletes with a community of other fans.”
Below is a catalog of current U.S. watch groups. Interested parties outside the United States are encouraged to contact their local Liv dealer for more information on upcoming watch parties.
Visit liv-cycling.com/global/how-to-host-a-tdff-watch-party for instructions on how to organize your own TDF viewing party.
This page and Liv’s social media channels contain additional details about Liv’s sponsorship of the Tour de France Femmes avec Zwift and its mission to encourage more women and girls to ride bicycles.
American Watch Parties
- Ride Brooklyn – Park Slope, Brooklyn, NY
- Brands Cycle & Fitness, Wantagh, NY
- King Kog Cyclery, Brooklyn, NY
- Champion Cycling, Jacksonville, FL
- Kyle’s Bike Shop, Orlando, FL
- Two Wheeler Dealer, Wilmington, NC
- Blue Wheel Bicycles, Charlottesville, VA
- Pedal Power Plus, Richmond, VA
- Sweetwater Bikes, Ambridge, PA
- Bike Center LTD, Gaithersburg, MD
- Terrapin Bicycles, Bethesda, MD
- Cadence Cycling & Multisport, Philadelphia, PA
- Aistriu Marlton, NJ
- Big Peach – Midtown, Atlanta, GA
- Roswell Bicycles, Roswell, GA
- Bax Cycles, Cos Cob, CT
- Giant Buffalo Campus Wheel Works, Buffalo, NY
- Grey Ghost Bicycles, Glens Falls, NY
- Grey Ghost Bicycles Saratoga, Saratoga Springs, NY
- Papa Wheelies Wellesley, Wellesley, MA
- Papa Wheelies Portsmouth, Portsmouth, NH
- Slipping Gears, Bangor, ME
- Real Bikes – Venice, Venice, FL
- Pure Ride Cycles, Lake Forest, CA
- Fullerton Bicycles, Fullerton, CA
- The Cyclery Bike Shop, La Mirada, CA
- Pedal Power Bike Shop, Lexington, KY
- Bikes Plus – Germantown, Germantown, TN
- Galaxy Bicycles, San Marcos, TX
- Urban Bicycle Gallery, Houston, TX
- Landry’s Bicycles – Westboro, Westborough, MA
- Landry’s Bicycles – Boston, Boston, MA
- Landry’s Bicycles – Charlestown, Charlestown, MA
- Landry’s Bicycles – Worcester, Worcester, MA
- Mike’s Bikes, Denver, CO
- Wheel & Sprocket, Milwaukee, WI