Thursday, February 22, 2024
HomeWORLD NEWSThe SAG-AFTRA strike has put these movies on hold.

The SAG-AFTRA strike has put these movies on hold.

This week, numerous high-profile projects were put on hold by the main studios in the film capital when more than 160,000 screen actors, who are represented by the labor union SAG-AFTRA, went on strike for the first time since 1980.

Thousands of screenwriters have been on the picket lines since early May, which has caused Hollywood’s production of films and television series to already be slower than usual.

However, many movie projects based on finished scripts are currently going dark as a result of the actors’ strike.

Actors are unable to take part in promotional activities due to the strike. An official from Universal Pictures said that the red carpet events at the scheduled American premiere of Christopher Nolan’s “Oppenheimer” were postponed. (NBCUniversal’s divisions include NBC News and Universal Pictures.)

According to NBC News, the following filming will cease until performers come to an agreement with a trade group that speaks for major studios and streaming services. (The group is on behalf of Comcast, the parent corporation of NBCUniversal.)

A source acquainted with the production claims that the strike has “impacted” Ridley Scott’s sequel to his Oscar-winning historical epic from 2000. According to IMDb, the movie, whose release date had been slated for November 2024, began filming last month in places including Malta and Morocco. Paul Mescal (“Aftersun”), Pedro Pascal, and Denzel Washington are among the cast members.

Nicholas Hoult plays a murder trial juror who learns he might be to blame for the victim’s death in Clint Eastwood’s most recent thriller, which is supposed to be his final effort as a director.

Filming for “Juror 2” was scheduled to take place in Georgia, a key location for Hollywood movie productions, but the source says that filming has been put on hold. There is no set date for the film’s release.

(Paramount Pictures) “Mission: Impossible — Dead Reckoning Part Two”

With “Mission: Impossible — Dead Reckoning Part One,” Tom Cruise is predicted to rule the international box office this weekend. According to a source familiar with the production, the strike will postpone filming on the movie’s sequel, which was scheduled to begin once Cruise and his co-stars finished promoting the current entry in the spy saga.

F1 drama with no title (Apple TV+)

Director Joseph Kosinski of “Top Gun: Maverick” was preparing to begin filming a racing drama with Brad Pitt that would be based on Formula One.

But a source close to the project said that “all filming is shut down for the time being.” Brad had a great time, but he is unquestionably a very devoted union member, the insider told NBC News. There is no set date for the film’s release.

We’ll keep this list up to current.

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular

Recent Comments